If you're the type that likes to find ways to make your life better without excessive effort, get the biggest bang for your buck or kill
two five birds with one stone, you and I will be fast friends.
About this site
I never intended to be someone who made a living online, but here I am. AmyLynnAndrews.com is my main internet home which provides space for me to highlight the various projects I've got going. Currently there are 4:
- Want to know how to start a blog (or website) or improve the one you've got? Blogging with Amy is a blog I started in 2010 after blogging as a hobby for 6 years. Blogging turned into a full-time job for me in 2011 and now I teach others how I did it. In plain English. It's easier than you think.
- Want to know how to manage your time easily? Tell Your Time is an ebook I wrote as an experiment in 2010. It simply outlines the way I manage my time. It hit a few bestseller lists on Amazon and has gotten great reviews so I think others have found it helpful too. It's super short because I think it's crazy when time management books are time consuming. If you want to write your own, I explained how to write an ebook here. I also explained why I turned down a book deal from a traditional publisher and self-published instead.
- Want to see a list of really good children's books (living books) all in one searchable place? The Living Books List has over 600 excellent children's books. The list is searchable by reading level and more.
- Want to know what my life looks like in real life? The Girl Behind the Geek is a second blog I started after readers told me they wished they could read more about my real life. I'm quite open about the good, bad and the ugly. I'll be adding more there soon.
Two minutes before this picture was taken, I had a word with that yummy little one down there at the bottom. I may or may not have said the following through clenched teeth: "Don't move, don't hide behind my legs, stand up straight and smile."
And then we all smiled.
Please tell me we're not the only ones who take hypocritical family pictures.
And if you still want to know more about me…
54 Random Things About Me
- I was born in 1975. In Africa.
- I don't like seafood. I wish I did.
- I had a brother who died of SIDS when I was three. For years I thought it was my fault.
- I drive fast. I'm working on that. Sort of.
- I love the ocean.
- I played the flute for 8 years.
- I skipped Kindergarten. Too smart. Notice I didn't skip any other grades.
- I studied abroad in Israel. Came home after one too many close calls with terrorist bombings.
- I'm the mother of four. The wife of one.
- I love a good hymn every now and then. It is Well with My Soul is my favorite.
- I've lived in 5 different countries.
- I've attempted to learn 5 different languages. I only remember one. English.
- I had very bad acne for 4 years in college.
- I think public school teachers are the biggest unsung heroes in America.
- I used to bite my nails. Now I only bite the skin around them.
- I gained 40 pounds when I was pregnant. All four times.
- I run, but not because I like it (see #16).
- I am moved to tears whenever I hear the pipe organ. I'm not sure why.
- I have a B.A. in Sociology and half a Master's in Marriage and Family Therapy.
- I've decided not to finish my Master's degree. Too many other things I want to do.
- I love tulips.
- Potatoes are my favorite food. Especially french fries and mashed.
- I've moved 29 times in my life. Literally.
- I'm 6'2". My inseam is 37".
- I played basketball. I also played volleyball, tennis & softball and I ran track. Not because I was good but because I was tall (see #24).
- I graduated from high school in a class of 19. In Africa.
- I had a horse when I was 14. Her name was Flicka.
- I almost hit a giraffe while learning to drive.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I had a major claustrophobia attack while crawling through one of the Pyramids at Giza in Egypt once.
- I usually order a chicken sandwich when I go out to eat.
- I'm picky. Maddeningly so. Maddening even to myself.
- My parents are missionaries.
- I have peanut butter and jelly on toast almost every morning for breakfast.
- I've ridden a camel twice. It was uncomfortable both times.
- I like candy.
- I can't sing.
- I'm competitive.
- I sometimes use the TV as a babysitter. I admit it.
- I don't have a favorite movie.
- I used to have panic attacks. I wouldn't wish those on my worst enemy.
- I have expensive taste. Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to match.
- I love IKEA. And thank goodness for it.
- My favorite book of the Bible is James.
- I'm good at starting things.
- I'm horrible at finishing things. (Notice this list does not have 101 items as I intended.)
- I love ice cream.
- I'm a people pleaser. Unfortunately.
- I get exceptionally crabby when I'm tired.
- Sometimes I tell my kids I love them so much I could "squeeze their guts right out."
- I worry way too much about what other people think.
- I currently live in Texas and continually ask myself How did THAT happen? But I like it. Plus, I like space and there's lots of it here.
- I do not like writing. I prefer blogging (the not-writing part).
- I wrote a book once. You have NO IDEA how long it took me.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.