Is Elite Blog Academy* right for you? I think it’s right for some, I don’t think it’s right for all. This post contains my in-depth review aimed at helping you decide.
What is Elite Blog Academy (EBA)?
Elite Blog Academy is an online course intended to help bloggers “take their blogs to the next level.” The focus is on making more income, although the first part of the course covers the basics of laying a good blogging foundation. If you don’t yet have your blog set up, you will certainly want to do that first since the course assumes you already have. (You can follow my simple steps to do that here.)
First, total transparency:
- I paid $299 for the course when it went on sale for Black Friday 2014. I did not get it for free. My goal is to write an objective review from the standpoint of a paying customer.
- I have watched every unit video included in the course, start to finish. I also downloaded and read the course outline, the handouts, each of the unit outlines and the bonus materials. I have not personally implemented everything suggested, nor did I watch 100% of the two Live Q&A replay videos yet.
- While I don’t know Ruth super well, I have met her in person and found her to be delightful. I have no reason to believe she’s anything but totally legit. (She’s also tall, which I appreciate because us tall girls have to stick together!)
- I am an affiliate for Elite Blog Academy which means I will get a commission if you choose to buy it through any of my affiliate links.
Here’s what you get
- 12 Course Units – The course is split into 12 units (plus a course intro). Each unit consists of a video (averaging about 10 minutes), fill-in-the-blank worksheets to go along with the video, 1-2 handouts with extra info not necessarily covered explicitly in the video and 2-4 guided action step assignments. A few of the units have bonus materials such as resource lists, etc.
- 2 Live Q&A Videos – These are live hour-long videos where Ruth answers members’ questions. (The website indicates there are 4 videos although as of this writing, there are only 2. I assume the other 2 are scheduled for the future.)
- Private Forum – This is where members can interact with one another, and Ruth as well. (The website indicates you’ll have access to a private Facebook group, but that was for the first class only. New members will now engage in a private forum right on the EBA website.)
Is the material worth the cost?
I’m not going to lie, when I first saw the price of the course, I was taken aback. For me, $299 is a hefty chunk of change (and it’s going up to $399 next time it opens in the spring of 2015). [Read more…]