Station break: We interrupt this monetization program…
I can’t tell you how awesome it is to know this site is, and has been, helpful to so many of you!
Here’s my situation…
As I’m sure you can imagine, I’m getting more and more and more (!) comments and emails asking me how to do particular bloggy things and occasionally, clarification questions about posts I’ve posted previously. It has gotten to the point where I think I could work full-time providing one-on-one help, but my family prefers I not do that at this point.
I still plan to be as helpful and available as I can here, but sadly, I know I will be unable to answer all comments and emails I receive.
But there’s hope!
I’ve told you about my one mantra, “Be helpful!”
I have a few other mantras too and one of them is, “Google is your friend!” So, I’ll pass that on to you in case you are stuck in the steps somewhere and I have not responded to your question(s). I assure you, I wish I could answer each email and each comment personally, and I’ll do what I can, but alas, there is only so much of me to go around.
Don’t feel discouraged! Here’s why:
If you feel discouraged, please don’t! I know it can feel a bit daunting, but remember that we all were exactly where you are at one point (i.e trying to figure out blogging/WordPress works), myself included! I have never taken a class on any of this stuff — I am completely self-taught. Google was, and still is my main guide. (Well, Swagbucks more now, but you know what I mean.)
The point is, YOU CAN DO THIS! Learn what you can when you can.
My Battle-the-Blogging-Blues Tips:
If you feel completely stumped, please feel free to leave a comment or email. However, in the meantime, you might try these tips to jump start your blog once again. You just might find a solution and you’ll also benefit from the proud feeling of figuring it out for yourself (and learn so much in the process!).
- Google it. As I said, if you’re stuck on something, google it. Simply type in some keywords to your problem like “favicon size,” or “what is ftp” or “how to transfer files,” etc. Most of the time, this is exactly how I figure out what I need to do. And here’s what to do if you get an error or warning.
- Take a break. Sometimes I get so engrossed in what I’m going, I start to see funny. If it happens to you, just step away and come back later. Many times it all becomes clear once my head is clear.
- Ask on Twitter. The #savvyblogging stream on Twitter is a great place to throw out questions if you have any. Oftentimes you’ll get a quick response.
- Join a forum. Find a blogging forum where you can ask your questions. I’m personally a part of Third Tribe and find it very helpful as people are quick to respond. There’s a monthly fee for Third Tribe (and might be best for more advanced bloggers), but there are plenty of free places bloggers congregate online. Just google or tweet it! 😉
- Give yourself grace. There’s no need to be perfect and you’ll make plenty of mistakes. But see them as an opportunity, learn from them and try again. Blogging is so very forgiving!
Alright, I think that’s all I’ve got for now.
Remember, you’re smart enough to have gotten this far so YOU CAN DO THIS! I have complete confidence in you!
And in the meantime, I’ll continue to try to be as helpful as I can…
Now, stay tuned for the continuation of our regularly scheduled monetization program coming next week!…