Wondering how to blog? How to Blog: A Step-By-Step Guide is an online, self-paced course includes the steps I’ve used since I started blogging in 2004. It will eventually be the updated, streamlined and organized replacement of my popular blog Blogging with Amy.
Want to dive right in? Here’s how to start a blog in 15 minutes.
First things first
- How to Login to WordPress
- What are Permalinks and How to Choose Them
- How to Change an Admin User and Why It’s Important
- Important Settings to Configure in WordPress
- What is SEO?
- 7 SEO Tips
- My Top Branding Tips
How to get a great blog design
- 10 Blog Design Dos & Don’ts
- How to Choose a Theme and What I Use
- What is a Child Theme?
- Designers I Recommend
Working with WordPress
- How to Install a Theme in WordPress
- How to Make Your Site Static (That Is, Not a Blog)
- How to Make a Favicon and Install It
- How to Install Plugins
- Plugin Tips
- My Favorite Plugins
- How to Get More Post Formatting Options
- How to Access Your File Manager
- How to Write a Post in WordPress
- How to Decide What to Blog About
- How to Write a Killer About Page
- Anatomy of a Good Blog Post
- Tips for Using Images on Your Blog
- How to Create a Call to Action
- My Top Writing Tips
- How to Make Money Blogging (2014 Edition)
- Are You Disclosing Properly?
- My Top Affiliate Marketing Tips
- How Much Do Bloggers Make?
- How to Get More Blog Traffic, Part 1
- How to Get More Blog Traffic, Part 2
- How to Get More Blog Traffic, Part 3
- How to Get Your Guest Post Accepted