I teach people how to start a blog, in plain English, no technical experience required. This is the site I wish I had when I started blogging 15 years ago.
Thousands of people have followed my instructions, from teenagers to 77 year olds (true story, her name is Louise). I’m confident you can too.
Starting a blog is low cost, low risk and can be done on your own time. Plus, it’s easier than you think.
People start blogs to:
- Make a part-time or full-time income.
- Build an author platform (a must to get published, although you might be interested in why I turned down a book deal).
- Get more exposure for an existing business.
- Start an online service business.
- Use as a creative outlet or hone writing skills.
Interested? Here’s my step-by-step guide.
Why this site?
There are thousands of sites with information like mine, many of which are excellent and ones I read too. And like many bloggers, I make a full-time income too. But here’s how I’m different:
- I’ve been blogging longer than most (since 2004).
- I specialize in simple.
- No ads, sponsored posts, daily emails or other noise.
- My business style is frugal, minimalist and nimble.
- Except in rare cases, I recommend things I’ve personally paid for and actually tried.
Where to go from here?
- The Table of Contents. You’ll find a comprehensive list of posts and tutorials I’ve written, organized by topic.
- Sign up for the Useletter®, my free, weekly email. It will help you keep up with what’s new in blogging, social media and online business. I wade through the internet so you don’t have to.
Thanks for dropping by,