I teach people how to start a blog, in plain English, no technical experience required. This is the site I wish I had when I started blogging 14 years ago.
Thousands of people have followed my instructions, from teenagers to 77 year olds (true story, her name is Louise). I’m confident you can too.
People start blogs to:
- Make a part-time or full-time income.
- Build an author platform (a must to get published, although you might be interested in why I turned down a book deal).
- Start an online service business.
- Get more exposure for an existing business.
- Use as a creative outlet or hone writing skills.
- Much more.
Best of all, starting a blog is low cost, low risk and can be done on your own time.
Why this site?
There are thousands of sites with information like mine, many of which are excellent and ones I read too. And like many bloggers, I make a full-time income too. But here’s how I’m different:
- I’ve been blogging longer than most (since 2004).
- I specialize in simple.
- No ads, sponsored posts, daily emails or other noise.
- My business style is frugal, minimalist and nimble.
- Except in rare cases, I recommend things I’ve personally paid for and actually tried.
Where to go from here?
- The Table of Contents. You’ll find a comprehensive list of posts and tutorials I’ve written, organized by topic.
- Sign up for the Useletter®, my free, weekly email. It will help you keep up with what’s new in blogging, social media and online business. I wade through the internet so you don’t have to.
Thanks for dropping by,